Terms and Conditions
Focus K9 hereinafter known as the "Company” cannot make any guarantee regarding the outcome of any training/counselling program. I understand that the Company is insured and bonded. The Owner assumes full responsibility for the dog’s behavior before, during and after the training/counselling program.
1. LIABILITY: I, as the legal owner/agent of the enrolled pet(s), having carefully read and fully understanding this agreement, do hereby waive and release “Focus K9”, Sydney Lemiski, The City of Colwood, The City of Langford, The City of View Royal, The city of Saanich and The City fo Victoria from any and all liability of any nature. This includes any injury, death, sickness or damage my pet or I may suffer before, during or after any training program. I also agree to indemnify and waive “Focus K9”, Sydney Lemiski, The City of Colwood, The City of Langford, The City of View Royal, The City of Saanich and The City fo Victoria, from any and all claims due to damage or injury the pet may cause to any family members or any third parties before, during or after service.
2. SAFETY: I agree, as the legal owner/agent of the enrolled pet(s) to keep a minimum of 15ft apart from other owners and their dogs unless otherwise instructed. I am aware that there may be dogs with behavioural problems and temperaments are not guaranteed. I agree to waive and release “Focus K9", Sydney Lemiski, The City of Colwood, The City of Langford, The City of View Royal, The City of Saanich and The City fo Victoria from any and all claims due to damage or injury that a third party pet or party may cause before, during or after a service. I agree to notify Sydney Lemiski and "Focus K9" of any previous/current behavioural problems, bite history or medical conditions my pet has. I am aware and agree that my dog is up to date on all required vaccinations including but not limited to rabies. Although all dogs may have up to date vaccinations I am aware that there is still risk involved. I am aware and agree that I am participating at my own risk and fully understand all risks involved.
3. TERMINATION OF SERVICES: The owner/agent of the dog(s) may have the animal withdrawn from a service at any time, however, once the service has begun, all fees are non-refundable. “Focus K9” reserves the right to refuse service to any client, at any time, for any reason without required explanation. Owners have 1 year from purchase date to honour any credits from "Focus K9".
4. CANCELLATIONS: The owner/agent of the dog(s) may withdraw from any private training provided 24 hours’ notice is given to “Focus K9.” The owner/agent understands and agrees that failure to give the company 48-hour notice of a service cancellation will result in the company counting said failure as a completed service. All fees are non-refundable after services have started. Owners have 1 year from purchase to honour any credits from "Focus K9".
5. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: In the event “Focus K9” is with the dog when the owner isn’t present or available and under these circumstances should the dog be in a condition that the trainer feels requires medical attention, the owner hereby grants the trainer the right to take the dog to a veterinarian and/or emergency clinic at the trainer’s discretion without further notice. The owner will be responsible for all medical bills and travel fees to the hospital incurred and paid back in full within 15 calendar days.
6. MISCELLANEOUS: In the event the owner/agent deems it necessary to employ legal counsel to protect its rights under this agreement, the owner/agent agrees to pay expenses including, but not limited to costs and reasonable attorney’s fees. This training agreement represents the full and only agreement between the parties. The terms and conditions set forth in this agreement cannot be modified or changed in any way unless agreed to by both parties in writing. I have read, fully understand and agree to the above contract terms.